PDA

View Full Version : Sex Before Workout



genius154
08-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to have sex right before a work out?

PatS
08-06-2003, 02:25 AM
I don't know about good or bad and don't have the answer, but given a choice my workout would sure suffer. No brainer for me. :D

PatS.

Simon
08-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by PatS
I don't know about good or bad and don't have the answer, but given a choice my workout would sure suffer. No brainer for me. :D

PatS.

I am siding with Pat, I'll take some sweaty one on one activity over bench press...

More seriously a lot of athlethes say sex before the event drains them, especially boxers, etc, whether there's any real scientific evidence to support it is another question.

I guess it depends on what you mean .. before.

If you talking minutes I would say that could have an impact, but what do you want 1 more rep or a good romp with your favourite other half.

As Pat said..... Seems like a no brainer to me....

SIMES

WillBrink
08-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by genius154
Does anyone know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to have sex right before a work out?

I have been asked thos many times and my answer is always the same: who cares! The day I give up sex before a workout because it may or may not effect that particular workout is the day I sign up for shock treatments :D

genius154
08-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by WillBrink
I have been asked thos many times and my answer is always the same: who cares! The day I give up sex before a workout because it may or may not effect that particular workout is the day I sign up for shock treatments :D

Ok, so sex is a no brainer. But what about doing it yourself? I think I could at least wait till after the work out for that. :)

Simon
08-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by genius154
Ok, so sex is a no brainer. But what about doing it yourself? I think I could at least wait till after the work out for that. :)

YOu ever get the feeling an already weak thread is going downhill...:D

Lorraine
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Uhmmmm...I probably shouldn't step into this one but what the heck? :D

All joking aside...follow my reasoning here...
Both "activities" make use of hormone testosterone. Would it not make sense that if you use it up for...ahem...uh...one activity that the other would suffer? :confused:

I don't recall ever seeing any scientific research on this.

Hey it gives me one more "Not tonight honey..." ;) :p

Simon
08-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lorraine
Uhmmmm...I probably shouldn't step into this one but what the heck? :D

All joking aside...follow my reasoning here...
Both "activities" make use of hormone testosterone. Would it not make sense that if you use it up for...ahem...uh...one activity that the other would suffer? :confused:

I don't recall ever seeing any scientific research on this.

Hey it gives me one more "Not tonight honey..." ;) :p

Your theory may be correct Lorraine, but (and you asked for this for coming on such a dodgy territory thread) , all the guys would rather a good fook, than manage 1 more set of cable cross overs...

ps Check your email

Simon

WillBrink
08-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lorraine
Uhmmmm...I probably shouldn't step into this one but what the heck? :D

All joking aside...follow my reasoning here...
Both "activities" make use of hormone testosterone. Would it not make sense that if you use it up for...ahem...uh...one activity that the other would suffer? :confused:

I don't recall ever seeing any scientific research on this.

Hey it gives me one more "Not tonight honey..." ;) :p

Sex has been shown to actually increase testosterone levels. I dont think T levels are the issue, its more the effort needed for both might hinder one over the other, but I weont be giving up sex before a workout because it makes me get one less rep on the leg press any time soon!

Lorraine
08-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SIMES
Your theory may be correct Lorraine, but (and you asked for this for coming on such a dodgy territory thread) , all the guys would rather a good fook, than manage 1 more set of cable cross overs...
Simon

Heehee!!! :D

Lorraine
08-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by WillBrink
Sex has been shown to actually increase testosterone levels. I dont think T levels are the issue, its more the effort needed for both might hinder one over the other, but I weont be giving up sex before a workout because it makes me get one less rep on the leg press any time soon!

Doesn't cardio belong AFTER the weight workout anyway? ;) Here's one for you. What is the fat burning potential of sex after a weight workout? Hmmmm...

WillBrink
08-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lorraine
Doesn't cardio belong AFTER the weight workout anyway? ;) Here's one for you. What is the fat burning potential of sex after a weight workout? Hmmmm...


Hmmm, another topic I must do personal research on. Back at 5....

Simon
08-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WillBrink
Hmmm, another topic I must do personal research on. Back at 5....

Will, your such a slave to your profession, always striving for perfection, never shying away from extra research..

Your a true professional....

Next up.. Will studies whether 10 beers, 2 bottles of Australian Red , a night at a strip club and intercourse in a dark alley behind a nightclub increases fatty tissue oxidisation and hypertrophy in adult males in the Massachussets area...

Your such a trooper Will...

Simon

plague
08-14-2003, 04:25 AM
"Back at 5...."

-----------------------------------------------------

You mean back *in* 5 don't you?
(seconds....)

MsFit
10-09-2003, 04:37 PM
All I know is that I bowl better after sex.

If I have sex before training.......I will blow training off.

alanjlamore
10-16-2003, 03:55 AM
Ok, mabee I'm bringing back a thread that some might have wished died, but here goes...

I've been told at a powerlifting comp that I shouldn't do the deed (with or without someone else) for two weeks! before the contest.

The guy said it makes sure your testosterone is replenished completely for the big day.

Personally, my will power isn't that good, but if it helps someone get a few more pounds at a PL comp, good on them, even if it's all in their mind (I'm a firm believer in all that mind over matter stuff).

MsFit
10-17-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm sure the lack of horizontal cardio would make you have more aggressive lifts on comp day. :D

alanjlamore
10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
No wonder I did so well in competitions when I was in my teens!;) :D

mdolls68
12-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Nowadays I'd choose sex any day over a workout. It's just finding the right timing, which is now all the much harder with busy work schedules, freelance work, workouts, 2 children, sickness, pure exhaustion from sleep deprivation, the list goes on. Of course between a 3 yr old walking in on you or pounding on the door screaming, "Mommy, let me in...what are you doing?" or the baby crying his head off....those certainly cause a person's mood to diminish.

I can still have a pretty good workout after quickie, but I know it's not as productive. My husband is pretty useless after any sex. The longer, more aggressive the time....the less of a good workout I'm going to get at the gym. My mind wouldn't be totally focused...wishing I was still back in bed. :p